Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The journalists don't look at my face but look at my breasts..

Recently I was reading Interview at Rediff with Paul Zacharia, a known writer from kerala. In his his interview he expressed his view Sex and Kerala. In Interview he was asked the root of such sexual starvation. He replied "The root can be traced to many sources. The Hindu society in Kerala never had such a conservative attitude to sex and man-woman relationship. It is possible that the Christian missionary education is the reason behind this. They, by and large, look at sex as a sin. Almost hundred percent of modern education in Kerala is in Christian hands."

Another Question " It was written in a Malayalam magazine that when Arundhati Roy came to Kerala, she refused to attend a press conference. It seems she said, 'The journalists don't look at my face but look at my breasts...' "
He replied: It is very true. She expressed the truth very bluntly. The Kerala society has become very unhealthy in this matter. I don't know when the people of this state will get sexual maturity. You live in Chennai. Do you think if a man and woman are alone in a house there, will the Tamils break open the house and pull them out? I don't think so. But it happens in Kerala."

Read Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment